Exit Slip - Nov 19
I've been really busy over practicum and the last week so I'm just getting into the research and reading now. As I started the literature review, I have been considering switching to one of the other topics that I was initially considering. I want to make sure that the topic that I choose is meaningful to me and also has a good amount of existing literature available to learn from.
I have now collected 5-8+ articles in Zotero for each of the following broad research topics:
- Conceptual thinking in math
- Conceptual thinking in physics
- Mathematical Proofs at the Secondary Level
I think I will revise my specific research question as I learn a bit more on the topic that I end up choosing through the literature review. I have a lot of work to do in the coming weeks, but from our recent reading, I know that this process is not linear, and it's okay to start with a period of intense thinking (even if productivity seems low).
To connect the literature review to the "real world" of teaching and learning, I plan to interview teachers at my practicum school, at the school that I worked at for the last two years, as well as potentially use the listserv of the BCAMT or BCAPT (depending on topic). I will also interview my housemates about their experiences learning mathematics or physics in secondary school (they are from all around Canada and the world so their opinions will be interesting, and all of them continued at the post-secondary level in STEM fields).
Comments
Post a Comment